|Personal History :With PO7 release of Oracle for OS 95, Oracle
tendered Personal/desktop version of oracle for the large audience of
developers. Oracle developer 2000 in PO7 allowed the developers to use
Forms and reports.
Structure Query Language was used too retrieve data from the table.
SQL statements may broadly be categorized as follows
- DML :Data Manipulation Language, retrieves or modifies data,
supports the following statements
- LOCK TABLE
- DDL: Data Definition Language, that defines the structure of the
- DCL: Data Control Language, defines the privileges granted to
- TCL : Transaction Control Statements, mages he changes made by
- SET TRANSACTION
- Every SQL Statement is terminated by and a semicolon
- SQL is not case sensitive,
- The result returned after SQL query constitutes a temporary
table, each retrieved record printed as a row, and element
of the select list is a column.
Query : SELECT ename, empno, job FROM emp .
- SQL is a non-procedural language, does not provide any flow
control or allow suing logical statement.
- SQL provides a fixed set of data types and some in built
function; however it supports object data type.